Our classes are age-specific so members train with and learn martial arts skills appropriate to their age (girls and boys 5-17 & 8-11 years, and 12-17 years) in a fun, safe and respectful environment.
Because class sizes are kept small, we can make sure each student always gets the attention they need.
In addition to technical skills, our programs develop the whole individual –
• Discipline – concentration, self-control, why to follow rules, better study habits
• Independence – for self-sufficiency
• Social skills – getting along with peers and the meaning of ‘respect’
• Commitment – finish what you start
• Positive self-image – healthy attitude toward self and others
• Physical conditioning – co-ordination, balance, flexibility
• Situational awareness – recognise and avoid danger
• Leadership – confidence, independence and courtesy
• Emotional maturity – manage the situation
At Fushicho Martial Arts, we feel strongly about making sure our students learn skills for ‘real life’, which is why we teach a non-competitive mixed martial art style, developed over 20 years, and specifically designed for self-defence.
And we make absolutely sure a lot of fun is had doing it.
Students learn practical techniques, with just some of the benefits being increased confidence, co-ordination, and improvement in focus and self-discipline–all while having a wonderful time!
It takes time to develop self-defence skills, but with a commitment to just one year of training, you will see a significant improvement in self-discipline and positive outlook, key to high achievement–in any field.
In addition to maintaining their own martial arts training, our instructors undergo a minimum of 12 months’ training in our highly-regarded Instructor Program.
Our lead instructors also have a minimum grade level of Shodan (first degree black belt) in Evolution Jujutsu, are bound by our Code of Conduct and observe the Martial Arts Industry Association’s Code of Ethics.
But most importantly, with our limit on class sizes, our amazing instructors are able to focus on each student to ensure they get the most out of every session. It is also mandatory that our instructors have as much fun as their students.