Our classes are age-specific so members train with and learn skills appropriate to their age (boys and girls 5-17 & 8-11 years, and 12-17 years) in a fun, safe and respectful environment.
Class sizes are kept small so that we can make sure each student always gets the attention they need.
In addition to technical skills, our programs develop the whole individual –
• Discipline – concentration, self-control, why to follow rules, better study habits
• Independence – for self-sufficiency
• Social skills – getting along with peers and the meaning of ‘respect’
• Commitment – finish what you start
• Positive self-image – healthy attitude toward self and others
• Physical conditioning – co-ordination, balance, flexibility
• Situational awareness – recognise and avoid danger
• Leadership – confidence, independence and courtesy
• Emotional maturity – manage the situation
At Fushicho Martial Arts, we are passionate about making sure our students learn skills for ‘real life’, which is why we teach the mixed martial art of Evolution Jujutsu, a style specifically designed for self-defence.
And we make absolutely sure a lot of fun is had doing it.
Students learn practical techniques, with just some of the benefits being increased confidence, co-ordination, and improvement in focus and self-discipline – all while having a great time!
It takes time to develop self-defence skills. Commitment to just one year of training will see a significant improvement in self-discipline and positive outlook, key to high achievement – in any field.